Habitat for Humanity New York City and Westchester County is seeking to fill the position of Housing Preservation program Manager to oversee the Housing Preservation program. The Manager will report to the Vice President of the Housing Services department. The Manager will provide support and oversight to staff members within the Housing Services department involved with Housing Preservation activities, as well as staff members from the Construction Preservation Services and Habitat NYC Community Fund teams. The Manager will also be actively involved in developing and improving policies and procedures within the organization.
- Plan, implement, and provide preservation and co-op development strategies in line with the organization’s strategic planning guidelines;
- Create, oversee, and keep updated the co-op Technical Assistance curriculum for Habitat NYC and Westchester;
- Oversee and provide technical assistance, training, and stewardship services for Habitat NYC and Westchester Housing Preservation program portfolio including projects with Technical Assistance and Training contracts, and co-ops with annual monitoring contracts as well as new projects and contracts.
- Develop and implement permanent affordability strategies in partnership with interdepartmental staff, as well as Interboro Community Land Trust;
- Provide bi-weekly reporting to the department, support the quarterly management reporting for the organization’s board meetings, and provide monthly impact tracking information for heads of departments;
- Develop educational and promotional materials and workshops related to Habitat NYC and Westchester’s Housing Preservation program in conjunction with the organization’s External Affairs team;
- Maintain relationships with partner agencies/organizations involved in affordable housing preservation and homeownership;
- Manage, train, and support departmental staff;
- Work with Housing Preservation program team on budget preparation and analysis for potential co-op conversions;
- Support Co-op Organizer on organizing efforts for residents of properties that are considering co-op conversion, including phone calls, door knocking, and attending resident meetings.
- Interface and strategize with building owners and/or tenants throughout various stages of conversion projects.
- Provide bi-weekly reporting to supervisor and the department.
- Track projects and progress in this Housing Services’ Client Management System, HomeKeeper.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s preferred in Urban Planning, Public Policy, Public Administration, or Sociology;
- Minimum 5 years of affordable housing experience related to asset management, post purchase, technical assistance, foreclosure prevention, co-ops/HDFC co-ops, and/or community land trusts;
- Fluency in Spanish preferred;
- Experience or familiarity with NY City/State and/or NYS/Federal funding, reporting, and compliance guidelines;
- Experience working in diverse, immigrant communities including multi-ethnic and multi-generational communities
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good computer literacy skills with database knowledge preferred;
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks; ability to work independently, and as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Flexible working hours including evenings and weekends.
Currently, this position is 100% remote. Beginning in September, however, we intend to re-engage our New York City office with a hybrid in-person and work-from-home model in order to better build cross-divisional strengths with team members.
Safety is our number one priority, and we have retrofitted our office with COVID-19 safety measures. We will supply all Habitat staff with masks and other safety equipment upon our return.
The office is located at 111 John St. FL 23, New York, NY 10038.
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm EST, evenings and weekends as required.
Careers at Habitat for Humanity New York City and Westchester County are challenging, rewarding and fulfilling, offering a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are interested in bringing your passion for the mission of Habitat for Humanity to the organization, please apply by sending a resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and what makes you uniquely you to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Housing Preservation Program Manager”.