Reports to: ReStore Manager
Employee Status: Part Time, 20-30 hours a week
Job Overview: Assist the ReStore Manager in certain administrative and operational functions of the Habitat NYC ReStore. Assist the Manager in achieving operational, financial, administrative, volunteer, and customer goals.
- Working with and managing volunteers.
- Opening and closing of the Habitat ReStore for scheduled daily hours.
- Operating cash register POS system.
- General oversight of store operations and volunteer management.
- Daily sales/cash register reconciliation.
- Developing a daily and weekly schedule of volunteers with assigned times and areas/tasks, personally training new volunteers or assigning a volunteer staff member to train the new volunteers.
- Overseeing display and organization of showroom sales areas to ensure all items are properly priced and ticketed for sale.
- Overseeing and maintaining daily Safety Checklists and records.
- Ensuring accurate Charitable Donation Tax Receipts of donors.
- Achieving excellent customer, donor and volunteer ratings.
- Must be able to work Saturdays
- Required to lift 50 pounds regularly / required to lift up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Will experience frequent lifting, bending, squatting, and repetitive motion.
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing & moving heavy items.
- This position will occasionally be exposed to extremes in weather (e.g., heat, cold, wind, rain, snow, etc.). Work may require using GPS, power tools, climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Retail sales, thrift experience preferred, volunteer supervision experience preferred
- Cash register / POS
To apply, please email your resume to Restore@habitatnycwc.org to the attention of Leslie Williams.